Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Why we do the PPP and what it really prepares us for...

As Mr. Stewart initially said when he introduced the class the PPP, the project really is a great way for us to evaluate ourselves and practice writing personal statements for when we apply for colleges as seniors. It's a really effective method in forcing ourselves to seriously think about ourselves as individuals and what we wish to accomplish in our future as adults.

That said, to those who wish to work ahead and/or get even more practice for college applications and stuff like that, I strongly advise you to work on these prompts which were the ones for UCs as well as Common App this year. A reliable source has told me that there is a high chance that both prompts will the same for next year. On the off chance that they're not, these would still be great practice in general in writing these applications as well as providing another piece of writing which can serve as an example for when you actually apply. I know that personally, I'll be attempting to work on these over the summer as practice. Good luck on your PPP project guys!

Here are pictures of the prompts:

UC (ignore the fact that it says UCSB, it was the same for all UCs):








































Common App (link of a screenshot):
http://prntscr.com/3lfn59


6 comments:

  1. This really interesting and helpful. I agree with Mr. Stewart's decision to assign this project. It has helped me figure out what I want to do with my life and the impact I want to have on the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! I agree with both of you in the sense that it is really important to plan ahead when it comes to college applications. This is the kind of topic that I would have had a great deal of difficulty approaching when applying to college, but this assignment will make things substantially easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Josh that Mr. Stewart made a good decision to assign this project. I believe that it not only helps you with college apps later on in this year, but it also helps you with what you want to do with your life. This project helps you get an idea in what you want to pursue later on in life and how/why you're going to achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the prompts! I think it's a very good idea to begin practicing for college apps and I agree with everyone who has commented so far. I'll admit, when this project was first proposed I had a loose sense of what I wanted to accomplish in life but after reflecting on my goals and strategies, it has become clear to me what I would like to work toward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first on this project I was wondering why we were doing it, but I think reading what you had to say mad it more clear. It is a good project because it prepares us for applying to college, and how to really do it in the right manner. Having more experience over tens of thousands of other students when it comes to applying in the essay portion will be super helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was pretty nice of Mr. Stewart to give us this assignment instead of testing us again on material from the AP test

    ReplyDelete